Sunday 16 October 2016


“Let us live with God as with a friend, let us make our faith a living faith in order to be in communion with Him through everything, for that is what makes saints. We possess our Heaven within us, since He who satisfies the hunger of the glorified in the light of vision gives Himself to us in faith and mystery, it is the Same One. It seems to me that I have found my Heaven on Earth, since Heaven is God, and God is [in] my soul” (L. 122).

“I am never alone; my Christ is always there praying in me, and I pray with Him … Ah, if you got to know Him a little, prayer wouldn’t bore you any more; to me it seems to be rest, relaxation. We come quite simply to the One we love, stay close to Him like a little child in the arms of its mother, and we let our heart go…The life of a Carmelite is a communion with God from morning to evening, and from evening to morning. If He did not fill our cells and our cloisters, ah! how empty they would be! But through everything, [we] see Him, for we bear Him within us, and our life is an anticipated Heaven” (L. 123).

It seems to me that the souls on earth and those glorified in the light of vision are so close to each other, since they are all in communion with the same God, the same Father, who gives Himself to the former in faith and mystery and satisfies the other in His divine light.…But He is the Same One, and we carry Him within us. He bends over us with all His charity, day and night, wanting to communicate with us, to infuse us with His divine life, so as to make us deified beings who radiate Him everywhere. Oh, how powerful over souls is the apostle who remains always at the Spring of living water; then he can overflow without his soul ever becoming empty, since he lives in communion with the Infinite! I am praying fervently for you, that God may invade all the powers of your soul, that He may make you live in communion with His whole Mystery, that everything in you may be divine and marked with His seal…I want to be an apostle with you, from the depths of my dear solitude in Carmel…”Apostle, Carmelite,” it is all one!…” (L. 124).

 “We must not stop before the Cross and regard it in itself, but, recollecting ourselves in the light of faith, we must rise higher and recognize that it is the instrument that is obeying Divine Love. “One thing alone is necessary: Mary has chosen the better part, which shall not be taken from her”. This better part, which seems to be my privilege in my beloved solitude of Carmel, is offered by God to every baptized soul. He offers it to you, dear Madame, in the midst of your cares and maternal concerns. Believe that His whole desire is to lead you ever deeper into Himself. Surrender yourself and all your preoccupations to Him and since you find me a good advocate to the Court of the King…” (L. 129).

“I love Him passionately and in loving Him, I am transformed in Him. And then it’s so good, for He is always with me, He consumes me into One with Him, and we love each other so much!! Ah, if it weren’t for that I would still be with you” (To her mother, L. 130).

“Oh, won’t you please place me in the chalice so my soul may be wholly bathed in this Blood of my Christ for which I so thirst! so as to be wholly pure, wholly transparent, so that the Trinity can be reflected in me as in a crystal. The Trinity so loves to contemplate its beauty in a soul… I love Him with His own love, it is a double current between Him who is and she who is not! Ah, when I feel my God invade my whole soul, as I pray to Him for you, it seems to me that it is a prayer He cannot resist, and I want Him to make me all-powerful” (To Canon Angles, L. 131).

No comments: