Friday 23 June 2017




Heart of Jesus


Heart of Jesus, meek and mild,
Guard and guide thy tender child.
Filled with compassion for love of me,
Draw a sinner close to thee.
If by chance I go astray,
Hold me gently in thy sway.
Pull me closer to your heart,
That from thee I’ll ne’er depart.
Bleeds profusely ov’r sinners lost,
Making peace, but what a cost!!
Your mother’s heart beats one with thee,
Setting sinners, captives free.
When the pain is hard to bear,
Mourners too find solace there.
Illness, cross what misery,
Help us Lord we cry to thee!!
Heart of Jesus, tender heart,
Pierced and Wounded lonely heart.
When I yield to temptations, sin,
I too pierce that wounded heart.
Let me fix my eyes on thee,
Love thee Jesus eternally.
Then my heart will beat with thee,
In Paradise eternity!!

-          Sr. Rose of Infant Jesus (novice)
Pune Carmel

No comments: