Monday 31 July 2017

THE PEARL - OH THE PEARL

The pearl, the pearl, the pearl
Oh! The pearl how it fascinates me
Oh! If I could only have that pearl!
The pearl of great price


This desire kept growing in me 
Oh! If only I could have that pearl!
Who will help me get it?
Oh! That pearl of great price


I knelt at the Lord’s feet
“Lord I really, wish to have that pear”
The Lord said – “Child go sell all you have and buy it “


All I have? What is it that I a poor Carmelite has?
Only my pride, jealousy, gossiping, attachment, my egos,
Oh the list is endless
“These are my possessions, Lord not this not that and this may be I can give up”


It was hard it was difficult
But my desire to posses the pearl kept growing stronger.
‘All for you Lord all for you everything I have I give to you’
In loving surrender I surrender myself
And Lo – the pearl was mine
Receiving His grace day by day
In Carmel Oh my beloved Carmel.
                                                                   Sr. Caroline  o.c.d
                                                                          Hassan Carmel.

No comments: