Sunday 27 January 2019

Beauty of Silence

The older I grow the more I see the value of silence. There may be a time to speak but it is so difficult to know when to speak and what to say. In the silence of our heart, God speaks and from the fullness of our hearts we speak. I walk down the valley of silence, down the dim, voiceless valley- alone.

And I hear not the fall of a footstep  around me,
 Save God’s and my own,
And the bush of my heart is as holy
As hovers where angels have flown
Do you ask me the place of the valley?
Ye hearts that are harrowed by care
It lies afar, between mountains
And God and His angels are there.
Do good works silently
Do your duty silently
Be happy with others silently
Conceal another’s faults silently
Wish and aspire secretly and silently
Embrace the cross of Jesus silently
Look towards heaven silently
Attain virtues silently
Persevere until death silently.

The wisest retort is often said silently. Another nice thing about silence is that it can‘t be repeated. Most of us know how to say nothing; few of us know when to say something.
 Silence is golden.



No comments: