Monday 4 March 2019



Why do I keep flowers for the crucifix
I behold my spouse on the cross
My Jesus you died for love of me
Can any bride stay unmoved
When her bridegroom dies
To gain for her heavenly kingdom
With his precious blood
       
Who can fathom his infinite love
That burns in the heart of Jesus
As he bleeds and suffers on the cross
Only a soul that resembles him more
Stoops in empathy to all who suffer
Would have experienced his love

Joseph of Arimathia and Nicodemus
Are busy in preparing your body
With Mother Mary and some friends
Before the Sabbath so hurriedly
No one thought of offering flowers
So I offer them to you Jesus
 
O happy flowers remain there
With my soul at his feet adoring
Let’s be immersed in his love
O mystery of the crucifixion ever living
Oh how I wish as many souls
As these petals to love Jesus
 
So many souls gather to praise
In grateful songs to sing
 Their sweet melody to our king
Who rules from the cross of love
The whole universe with your love
Rose from the dead still holds the wounds



No comments: